Select your language: Français English Español Deutsch Nederlands

Ubuntu: discover its new look!

The way of light...

Written by Enigmatux on 04 March 2010 at 10h38
Ubuntu

Ubuntu hasn't changed its visual and graphic identity since its creation.

But Canonical announced officialy that the linux distribution will have a new look with the launch of Ubuntu 10.04 code name Lucid Lynx. : party:

New logos, new themes, new colors, new design of its website... I invite you to discover the future look of ubuntu:

: ar: A new logo :

ubuntu new logo

ubuntu new logo

: ar: A new boot :

ubuntu new boot

: ar: Two new themes (light and dark ) :

ubuntu new themeubuntu new theme

: ar: A new design for its website :

ubuntu home pageubuntu

For more, click here and b]there.

So, what do you think of these changes?

Page :
15 comments (show forum topic)
poiru
04/03/2010 - 15:44

More professional, for sure, but that reminds me of Max OS X..
ghostnatyphon
04/03/2010 - 20:34

Gotta say, I'm looking at these new designs and all that's going through my head is 'Apple... Mac OS X...'

I think inspiration just went over the border into copying. Not a fan of left hand side window buttons, not a big fan of dark themes invoolving purple. I liked Ubuntu's earthy, orangey colours! (Even though I really hate the Human icons)
Tanshin
04/03/2010 - 21:01

@ghost: I'd imagine you can still use the old theme

I do kinda like the light skin, and I really like the boot screen.
turtle bacon
04/03/2010 - 21:37

looks great
ghostnatyphon
04/03/2010 - 21:44

Tanshin a écrit :

I do kinda like the light skin, and I really like the boot screen.

The big horrid purple thing? : winktongue:
Tanshin
05/03/2010 - 01:24

The boot screen isn't purple...

EDIT: Well... it's a dark purple
tntanto
05/03/2010 - 18:30

They are trying to make it simple and understandable for the everyday user, like every existing OS on the market.
ghostnatyphon
05/03/2010 - 19:31

tntanto a écrit :

Changing the colours and making it look like Mac OS X won't make it simpler and more understandable for the everyday user.
Tanshin
05/03/2010 - 21:56

I must say, I don't like the close/minimize/maximize buttons.
poiru
06/03/2010 - 11:27

ghostnatyphon a écrit :

Not a fan of left hand side window buttons

I just found out that this is not going to be the default look. The screenshots were made by someone who set the bottom panel to auto-hide and moved the buttons to the left : )

Still is going to look a little too Mac OS X though..
Page :
15 comments (show forum topic)

Partners : Free wallpapers - Yellowicon.com - Création de site internet Dijon - Download vista - Photoshop Tutorial

Top searches: Vista - Vista Inspirat - Windows - Themes - Icons - Mac - Theme - Rocketdock - Sidebar - Styler - Dock - Icon - True Transparency - Firefox - Naruto - Rocket Dock - Tux - Wallpaper - Ubuntu - Windows Vista